Within our academy we promote an atmosphere which encourages effort, enjoyment and a celebration of the achievements of all our pupils. Our concern for these high standards is also reflected in the pride we take in our academy uniform and the feeling of belonging and equality it creates. It is our policy that all children wear uniform when attending the academy or when participating in an academy organised event outside normal academy hours, when stated. The uniform is part of our academy ethos and, in coming to Mount Hawke Academy, parents agree to support our policy.
Uniform with the academy logo - sweatshirts, cardigans, polo shirts & PE kit - is available from Keywear. They have a shop located at 1 Church Walk, Truro. You can also order online from Keywear. Postage is free on orders over £50, or £4.50 for orders under £50.
We also offer the option to purchase uniform online from My Clothing. For all orders of embroidered uniform, Mount Hawke Academy will receive 5% commission. Items will be delivered direct to your home address. Postage is £3 per order.
All other items can be bought from a variety of shops and supermarkets at a reasonable price. If you have any difficulties then please contact us for support and guidance.
If your child has hair longer than shoulder length it must be tied back for school.
Children must not have artificially coloured hair or extreme hair styles such as patterns shaved into their hair.
Children should not wear make up, including nail varnish, to school.
Children may wear small, plain, stud earrings, and a watch.
Quick Guide to our uniform – for more detailed information, please ask to see our Uniform Policy
Our academy colour is royal blue and our uniform consists of:
- White or royal blue polo shirt
- Royal blue sweatshirt or royal blue cardigan with Mount Hawke Academy logo
- Grey / black school skirt / pinafore dress / school trousers or school shorts (not jeans, leggings, etc)
- Plain tights or socks
- Flat school shoes in black
- Summer Options: Blue and white gingham or striped summer dress or playsuit, plain strapped sandals (no flip-flops, no ‘open toes’)
- White or royal blue t-shirt with or without logo
- Black shorts or black or blue tracksuit bottoms / leggings
- Blue MHA hoodie (optional)
- Suitable footwear – trainers / plimsolls
Please name EVERYTHING!